[Healeys] Rear brake cylinder removal/install

To: healeys@autox.team.net (Healey list)
Subject: [Healeys] Rear brake cylinder removal/install
From: tld6008@mchsi.com
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:21:13 +0000
 For the life of me I can't figure this out, at least to my satisfaction. I
removed my back wheel cylinder to rebuild (1960 BN7), and had a very hard time
removing the 2 spring plates holding the cylinder to the back plate. The way
they were in  was: large flat large plate  against the backing plate with open
end up and the curved plate with the end hooks away from the back plate,
opening end down (like the manual shows). The hand brake lever prevented the
removal of the curved plate and I had to fight to get the flat one driven out
enough to remove both, this just doesn't seem to be right. Attempting
reassembly I notice that the hooks on the curved plate ends would lock into the
notches in the flat plate but I can't imagine how you would remove it once
locked together like that..... So which one goes against the back plate, in
what assembly order and if they lock together  what it the proper method of
removal?

Thanks

--
Tim Davis BN7