Re: [Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb, studs?

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb, studs?
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:30:29 -0700
Late to the discussion but I do have some pictures to show how I rigged
up my motor+gearbox install.

The main lifting was done with L brackets attached to rocker shaft studs
but also had two brackets bolted to manifold studs as 'insurance'.  Note
a couple details which made the job easier. The gear shift top plate was
removed and the opening covered with tape. This made it easier to get
through the firewall opening. There is a blue nylon strap attached
between the hoist and motor that was adjusted during the tilting. This
helped keep the motor from swinging too much when moving the hoist.

http://www.loftusdesign.net/install1.jpg
http://www.loftusdesign.net/install2.jpg
http://www.loftusdesign.net/install3.jpg
http://www.loftusdesign.net/install4.jpg