Re: [Healeys] Healey with seatbelts after accident

To: Curt/Nancy Arndt <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey with seatbelts after accident
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 19:44:55 -0400
Curt, Ray and all,

I DO HAVE SEATBEATS IN BOTH MY HEALEYS AND I WEAR THEM.  The BN7 has an inertia
reel 3 pt belt, the BJ8 only lap belts.  Ray stated that laying across the seat
was not an option.  I merely expressed disagreement with that as a possibility.
 With the inertia reel the shoulder part is loose enough that one could indeed
lay across the seats - yes, and that choice would have to be made prior to
applying the brake.

I am not saying that it is what I would do if I was aware of an impending front
end crash.  I only am stating that I feel it is possible.  Granted with the 4
pt or 5 pt belts the option is not there.

Keith

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html