[Healeys] RIP David E. Davis, Jr.

Subject: [Healeys] RIP David E. Davis, Jr.
From: sebring at hotkey.net.au (Joe and Lenore Armour)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:30:01 +1000
Greg Lemon wrote:

> C & D had quite a stable of very talented writers back in those days
> which were my "formative years" in the hobby, RIP DED jr.
>
> Greg Lemon

I have been wanting to raise the following for some time, it concerns an
article that made a big impression when i was a kid reading C & D and
others.
A write up,of a trip down the east Coast of US in a Maserati 'Birdcage'
to a race meeting, Sebring?

Anyway it rained very heavily and there was no weather protection in the
Birdcage and even less space for a passenger and his weekends baggage.

Does anyone know of this article and the magazine it was from?