Re: [Healeys] First start

To: "Austin Healey" <pajtamuvek@gmail.com>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] First start
From: "Thomas Willig" <twillig@ruda.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:15:14 +0200
I encountered the same problem when I started my BN2 after 30+ years of
slumber. I even had a "professionally" rebuild starter motor. Then I found out
that my starter was, also looking like the original thing from the outside,
not the right unit for my car. The starter came from a Triumph (2 Liter
Engine). My advice therefore: Check the number on your starter and make sure
it is the correct type for you car.

Before you respond that all starters are the same  etc. etc. NO, they are not!
They might be identical from the visual appearance, the internal parts are
different. The different Lucas part numbers for armatures and field coils are
used for good reasons.

Regards

Thomas Willig

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----