Re: [Healeys] Tires Again

To: Rick Swain <rjswain@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Tires Again
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 20:20:32 -0700
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Sender: healeys-bounces@autox.team.net
Best price I found on Vredestein 185/70-15s was from Euro Tire in NJ (www.eurotire.com), thanks to a tip from a Lister. They were $119ea and even with a little over $30ea shipping to CA they beat the package from Summit advertised on eBay--with 'free' shipping--by over $85 total. They were supposedly manufactured this year.

I mentioned to the guy at Euro that Vreds are, realistically, the only choice in this and other sizes (Avons, Dunlops and Michelin are very expensive if they can be found at all). I mentioned that we'll basically be screwed for tires if Vredestein ever quits the business; the guy at Euro said the managing director at Vredestein is a 'Healey Guy.' That probably explains the red BJ8 on their brochures.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Bob