Re: [Healeys] turn signal issue

To: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] turn signal issue
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 07:01:19 -0400
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
John,

Norm Nock's Tech Talk book has the wiring diagram on the inside front
cover. On page 2 is an article describing how the DB10 relay box works.
Very useful.

It appears that you've wired the lights correctly per your check of
applying power to terminals 2, 3, 6, 7.

Grab a volt meter -

1) Press on the brake pedal and you should see 12 volts on terminals 5,
7 and 8.  Probably will as you said the brake lights work.  Brakes off.

2) Turn left turn signal on.  You should see a steady 12 volts on
terminal 4.  Flip right turn signal on - 12 volts on terminal 8.  If so,
wiring from trafficator to DB10 is correct.

3) At the flasher relay, there should be 12 volts on the B terminal.
Disconnect the wires going the B and L terminals and jumper them
together.  You should now see 12 volts at terminal 1 of the DB10.
Turning either turn signal on should light up the front and rear bulbs
on that side.  And 12 volts on terminals 6 and 7 for right turn or
terminals 2 and 3 for left.

Got to head to work ...

Cheers,

Bob Haskell