[Healeys] Braking revisited

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Braking revisited
From: Warren Dietz <flyhihealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:34:07 -0400 FILETIME=[AC23CB50:01CE95D6]
A few weeks back I questioned brakes\servo and reported all seemed to be
normal
after replacing a collapsed vacuum hose. Upon more regular driving there seems
to be a new
development. At idle with brakes applied there is a engine roughness that
immediately disappears upon  releasing the pedal.

 After inspecting the vacuum hose connections I noticed there is a plastic
connector for hose which is inserted in servo through a gasket which looks
somewhat deteriorated. This is a after market servo about 25-30yrs old. I
tried a sealer around the gasket. Didn't help.

 Is this a sign of a new servo in my future or just a replacement gasket or a
non return thingy?
 I have my original servo and was wondering if I do need a replacement if it
would be better to buy one of the aftermarkets now available or have the
original rebuilt(not by me)?

WD  67  BJ8