Re: [Healeys] FW: Sebring 3000s

Subject: Re: [Healeys] FW: Sebring 3000s
From: Wilko2 <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 10:12:04 -0800
Cc: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
The UJB cars are well documented (and recapped by heritage and Geoff Healey
and Bill Woods) to have been "built" at Healey in Warwick.

Here are 54 FAC and %^ FAC in 1963 with no recesses for the lights:
ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/54FAC_1963_Sebring.jpg

...and 54 FAC again with the shroud clearly showing a 1963 Sebring Healey with
no recess for the lights:

ewilkins.com/wilko/healeys/54_fac_no_lights.jpg

The  1964 Car (one) is seen in deail at this link and did have the lights
recessed into the shroud:
www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/1146876,114/1964-Austin-Healey-3000-MK-III_pho
to.aspx#photo

On Dec 8, 2013, at 2:23 AM, J & L Armour wrote:

> Blokes
> A subject dear to me
>
> First of all what do we all mean by 'the works'?
>
> Jensen was the 'works' that Healeys were made at, less engine,gearbox and
> wheels (see the pics available on some magazines/books)
>
> MG Competition Dept later to become BMC Competition Dept. builder of
'works'
> rally cars
>
> MG Assembly line where the bits supplied by BMC that were missing when the
> assembled chassis and interior was delivered from Jensen ( six at a time on
> the back of a car transporter.)  Standard production car 'works'
>
> Rally Healeys were built at the BMC Comps Dept and owned by MG Car Co.
>
> Sebring UJB141, 142,143 and 144 were I think built at BMC Comps.
>
> The BJ.7 1963 and 1964 cars were built at the Donald Healey Motor Co
Warwick

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/e-wilkins@cox.net