Re: [Healeys] set screw

To: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] set screw
From: Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:27:26 -0500
Cc: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Thanks for sending that Earl, but I think you are giving Jim a bum steer.
I have a 4-40 NC tap and it will not go near the original thread in the
lock that I have. I'm pretty sure that if I gave it a bit of a push I could
run the tap through the zinc die-cast but it would have to remove quite a
bit of metal.
The screw I have appears to be original, it has a raised countersink slot
head and is actually chromed!!!
When I put a 40 TPI thread gauge on the screw it does not match at all but
a 56 almost settles in as does a 64...
I don't have a 60...
Of course Jim will have to be very careful about this as it probably good
for many concours points ;-)

Michael S
BN1#174

--