Re: [Healeys] Wednesday Rant

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wednesday Rant
From: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:26:33 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_6136083_451512500.1576077993363

I am retrofitting a 3000 disc brake setup to a BN2.=C2=A0 I invested in new=
 correct front splines hubs for this purpose and all the appropriate hardwa=
re involved.=C2=A0 Now, the shim I bought do not look like they will fit ov=
er the diameter of the stub axle at the location (against the distance piec=
e, behind the outer bearing).=C2=A0 Is there an inner diameter difference b=
etween BJ8 shims and earlier front suspensions?=C2=A0 Did I buy the wrong s=
hims?=C2=A0 This job just gets to be more fun all the time.Mike MacLean
P.S. Thanks for the clarification on shim location.=C2=A0 Apparantly I coul=
d have put a half inch of shims behind the tabbed washer and would never ha=
ve been adjusted correctly.=C2=A0 I understand why they must go where they =
go now.=C2=A0 Just takes a while to get through this thick skull of mine.

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_6136083_451512500.1576077993363

I am retrofitting a 3000 disc brake setup to a BN2.&nbsp; I invested in new=
 correct front splines hubs for this purpose and all the appropriate hardwa=
re involved.&nbsp; Now, the shim I bought do not look like they will fit ov=
er the diameter of the stub axle at the location (against the distance piec=
e, behind the outer bearing).&nbsp; Is there an inner diameter difference b=
etween BJ8 shims and earlier front suspensions?&nbsp; Did I buy the wrong s=
hims?&nbsp; This job just gets to be more fun all the time.<div id=3D"yMail=
_cursorElementTracker_1576077681666">Mike MacLean</div><div id=3D"yMail_cur=
sorElementTracker_1576077706008"><br></div><div id=3D"yMail_cursorElementTr=
acker_1576077707491">P.S. Thanks for the clarification on shim location.&nb=
sp; Apparantly I could have put a half inch of shims behind the tabbed wash=
er and would never have been adjusted correctly.&nbsp; I understand why the=
y must go where they go now.&nbsp; Just takes a while to get through this t=
il_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=3DIn=
Product&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;a=
f_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3DGlobal_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=
------=_Part_6136083_451512500.1576077993363--

--===============4041296259015767726==