[Healeys] What Are The Odds?

To: "owner-healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] What Are The Odds?
From: Jack Feldman <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:11:38 -0500

--00000000000047cbd505afd1c16f

The key number for my early Sprite was stamped on the face of the
tumbler.(We obviously lived in better times then.) One day I was sitting in
a friend's Nash Metropolitan and noticing the use of the same parts in the
dashboard. I realised the number on the face of his tumbler was the same as
mine! What were the odds?

Here's one about our wonderful postal system. I bought a used postal Jeep
from the USPS. When I went to pick it up I noticed a chain had been bolted
to the front by the door. When I asked why it was there the explanation was
simple. Whoever specified the door locks had asked that ALL units have the
same key! Steal one and you could get into any  delivery Jeep. The idea of
the chanin was that you ran the chain through the door handle and used a
padlock to secure the car.

Jack
BT7

--00000000000047cbd505afd1c16f

w roman,serif;font-size:small">The key number for my early Sprite was stamp=
ed on the face of the tumbler.(We obviously lived in better times then.) On=
e day I was sitting in a friend&#39;s Nash Metropolitan=C2=A0and noticing t=
he use of the same parts in the dashboard. I realised the number on the fac=
e of his tumbler was the same as mine! What were the odds?</div><div class=
=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:times new roman,serif;font-size:sma=
ll"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:times new r=
oman,serif;font-size:small">Here&#39;s one about our wonderful postal syste=
m. I bought a used postal Jeep from the USPS. When I went to pick it up I n=
oticed a chain had been bolted to the front by the door. When I asked why i=
t was there=C2=A0the explanation=C2=A0was simple. Whoever specified the doo=
r locks had asked that ALL units have the same key! Steal one and you could=
 get into any=C2=A0 delivery Jeep. The idea of the chanin was that you ran =
the chain through the door handle and used a padlock to secure the car.=C2=
=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:times new roman,=
serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font=
-family:times new roman,serif;font-size:small">Jack</div><div class=3D"gmai=
l_default" style=3D"font-family:times new roman,serif;font-size:small">BT7<=
/div></div>

--00000000000047cbd505afd1c16f--

--===============1599259150852848180==