Re: [Healeys] OD Switch

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD Switch
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 19:40:52 -0700
'Perfect' is in the eye of the Healey driver: My BN2 activates the O/D
in the up position; my BJ8--with both a dash switch and a (DWM) knob
switch--activates the O/D with the switch down. Yes, I get confused when
I 'switch' (heh) from car to car. The BJ8 switches are wired in
parallel, throw either switch down and the O/D activates, but both
switches have to be up to deactivate it.

The O/D switch is an 'SPST'--Single Pole, Single Throw--switch, the
simplest of all manual electrical switches. Like Bob H. suggested, the
only way this happened is the switch got reversed in the knob. The DWM
knob has a small set screw and a 'cap,' I haven't tried, but I presume
the switch could be replaced if necessary.

Bob