[Healeys] Shocks/springs

To: Austin Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Shocks/springs
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:16:35 -0400

--000000000000b637d705c5ffb991

The ride on my car has definitely deteriorated and I would like advice on
how to determine if this is due to aged/worn-out shocks, springs or both.

I installed Udo Putske's Bilstein shocks on all four corners about 15
years/50K miles ago and the rear DW upgraded 8-leaf springs are about the
same vintage.

The ride in general is okay and does not rebound when I "bounce" any of the
corners while the car is at rest but when driving over a pothole or speed
bump the ride is harsh, esp. under my seat--almost like it is bottoming
out. The car has also acquired a visible case of "bachelor's lean" to the
left.

I suspect the problem lies with the rear springs but how can I definitively
test where the fault lies?
--
Best--Michael Oritt. BN1

--000000000000b637d705c5ffb991

ide on my car has definitely deteriorated and I would like advice on how to=
 determine if this is due to aged/worn-out shocks, springs or both.<br><br>=
I installed Udo Putske&#39;s Bilstein shocks on all four corners about 15 y=
ears/50K miles ago and the rear DW upgraded 8-leaf springs are about the sa=
me vintage.<br><br>The ride in general is okay and does not rebound when I =
&quot;bounce&quot; any of the corners while the car is at rest but when dri=
ving over a pothole or speed bump the ride is harsh, esp. under my seat--al=
most like it is bottoming out. The car has also acquired a visible case of =
&quot;bachelor&#39;s lean&quot; to the left.<br><br>I suspect the problem l=
ies with the rear springs but how can I definitively test where the fault l=
ail=3D"gmail_signature"><font color=3D"#3333ff">Best--Michael<span class=3D=
"gmail_default" style=3D"color:rgb(51,51,255)"> Oritt. BN1</span></font></d=
iv></div>

--000000000000b637d705c5ffb991--

--===============7323775049709337218==