Hot rods

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hot rods
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:34:34 -0800
I guess we are all out working on our Hot Rods... Perfect.... Got the motor
back from the Machine shop.... bolted it all together slipped the ole dog
in the car and now I can't wait.. two more weeks Till our first race on the
East Coast.

Ran the damn fire bottles in 1/4" brake line.... and am done with that
little issue.. bought the second Battery and mounted the trays...  Decided
on Constant duty solenoids to run the big stuff... Just Like Barry Grant
recommends on that Fuel pump... and a Ford Solenoid on the starter... As of
tomorrow I should be putting the wiring in the car.... Found a real slick
set up from Rod Ware for a wiring harness... pure race car stuff... color
coded and hard wires resistant to Gas and Heat.... already pre-loomed in
the One Size Fits Nothing.....

When is that first Meet at El Mirage?

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Gregory W. Gillette <gillette@aiinc.com>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: fire bottles
> Date: Thursday, March 11, 1999 11:38 AM
>
>       Ok now for a 25' roll thats only $75. but it'll look great and never
rust
> down from the salt. By the way I don't think you west coast guys have
quite
> the same problem we do on the right side of the country. The humidity
> really sets that salt to work and in a hurry. Hell by the time I hit the
> Mississippi on the way home I'm strating to see the effects.
>
>       JB
>

> At 11:30 AM 3/11/99 -0800, Gregory W. Gillette wrote:
> >>But if you think aluminum is made of Unobtainium price stainless.
> >

> >"the ol' man" just told me that 1/4" stainless is about $3 a foot.
> >
> >"dig deep, brothers and sisters!  for the price of sanitary sanctimony
is
> >great."
> >
> >you might get lucky at a surpluss distributer.  yeah, right.
> >
> >would have better luck if you know someone in aero-space and. . .
well,