Introduction

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Introduction
From: "Mike Jenkins" <MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:52:40 -0000
Hi Keith,

land-speed is.

I'm a member of Team Maximum Impulse, the operators of the 'Gillette Mach3
Challenger', the holder of the outright British Motorcycle Land Speed
Record. We will be coming to the USA later this year to attempt to break
Dave Campos current world record.

The bike is powered by three rocket motors (we only used one for the British
Record), and is ridden by Richard Brown (you probably saw him with his old
bike, the 'Boost Palouste' on the 'Extreme Machines' TV programme a few
years ago).

I also help run the Speed Record Club, which caters for anyone who has an
interest in Speed Records, whether they be Land, Water or Air. You can check
out our website at:

www.soft.net.uk/speedrecordclub

Mike Jenkins

PS: Anyone on the list live in the Reno area?