Re: Fuel and Tshirts resend left the 'NOT' out!

To: "Land-speed@autox.team.net" <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel and Tshirts resend left the 'NOT' out!
From: Dave Dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 13:26:13 -0500
I would NOT run the 110 in a high boost turbo/supercharged engine..
They(ERC) sell fuels specifically for this use..Why bring it if you
cannot run it in a gas class ?? Picture 35 lbs of boost and 110 octane..
Whats wrong with this picture.. Sure for an N/A motor it is fine I am
sure and is the standard fuel they recommend. But what is the point of
the other gasolines if you cannot use them.. If I have to run A-19 for
instance and be a 'fuel car ' why not alky and a load of nitro instead..
This makes no sense at all but the real question is does it have to at
times..  If this is true there has to be an evaluation of all the
records set with the wrong fuel as I have been there when something
other than 110 went into a tank for a 'gas class' car.. If I now have to
run 110 and the 'other guy ' used a higher octane fuel and more boost
what's the point.. Might as well have a pop off valve like Indy cars
have and limit boost.  The low octane fuel will serve the same purpose..
Also makes old records very hard to break if not on the same playing
field.

Dave Dahlgren
Engine Management Systems