Re: [Fwd: Re: Oiling Systems]

To: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Oiling Systems]
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:28:17 -0700
Ed,
I now run a dry sump system. My primary reason was ground clearance. We
had problem with oil pressure lowering in the last couple of miles, but
not to the point of damage, when we ran a six quart pan. We went to a
8-quart Moroso and corrected the problem. Of course, we have always
restricted the oil to the upper end. With stock oiling it gets a flood,
personally I don't think reduced oil is a problem unless you are running
a killer cam lift. Our cam is in the .620 range.

I would certainly recommend a dry sump if you can swing it. Especially,
since a good oil pan is probably in the $500 range these days.

Tom