May 1st, 2nd Maxton Speed Trials

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: May 1st, 2nd Maxton Speed Trials
From: "Lawrence E. Mayfield" <mayfield@traveller.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 18:05:04
WHAT A HOOT! My wife and I drove for nearly 10 hours Friday to get there
for the time trials. Of course it rained on us. But we had a ball! We were
granted an opportunity to visit and cha with many of you. And we cherish
those chats. Unfortunalely I do not remember names well, but I remember I
had a heck of a good time. Sunday was a better day and we had even more
fun. We still have a youngster in High School and a 75 year old father in
law in house so we had to leave early. We will be back, but not until
September because we will be heading out west in mid June. Looking for a
place to live out there. Naturally I am going to try and get as close to
one of the time trial venues as possible, maybe in lower Nevada.

I still have a couple of chores from last weekend to complete. I a putting
the directions and entry form on the web site as well as the directions. I
am also going to put a facsimile of the tech inspection sheet there also so
entrants can see ahead of time what is inspected.  I owe John some sketches
for exhaust diffusers for his streamliner and some thought on how to open
the speed brake doors for parachute release.

For any of you who are on the net but have not made it to Maxton, then
please try! It is really neat. And the people are neater. Pass along my
compliments to any and all who were there. Ya did good. Even Keith: broke
his car and his scooter.

Thanks again for showing us a good time!!

mayf

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield

DrMayf@AOL.com
mayfield@traveller.com <<<<preferred

Bonneville Land Speed Racer, '66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)