Engine choices

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine choices
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 07:52:39 -0700
Well guys here is  the dilemma.. not a major issue and actually kind of a
nice problem..

We ran the D motor Last meet and she ran like stink... for the most part..
we had a couple of minor problems on our first tune up...( bit Lean and
timed a bit to far advanced) but on the next pass the motor ran perfect
with a really good plug check.

We have the opportunity to tune on it a little more at the June meet and or
we could go ahead and swap in the spare/backup motor.... and have a look at
how it will run...

Obvious advantage of running the back up is that the D motor is basically
ready for Bonneville.... and we wouldn't take the risk of hurting it at the
June Meet..
Our Back up motor is a 355 that was used in Bracket racing and is a nice
little 500hp motor but not a full tilt.. set on Kill motor... nice piece
and just freshened up... but a well tested piece in it's earlier life... We
don't have any experience with it... but we trust it's ability....

So in a nutshell what do you think.... Tune on the D motor which really is
running on the ragged edge of destruction or put in the C motor and have a
go with it?

We are already out of the Points chase as far as the East Coast
Championship is concerned... (interesting points system.. but I don't have
a solution so it must be alright) so gaining points isn't an issue... Don't
care if I am the first or second Loser...
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )