Re: Fuel Injection

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Injection
From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 13:49:18 -0400
        Well the basic, dual throttle body, unit is now finished, machining,
drilling, grinding etc. Trying to set the car up now. New fittings in the
fuel tank, fuel pump mounts, alternator mount, computer mount, wiring and
so on. Most everything on this system is over kill, from a gasoline
perspective, as we plan to try our hand at running alcohol in the fuel
class this year. It’s capable of 1,000 HP, but probably not with any SB
that I have access to. Those "C" & "B" records at B-Ville are still a
little out of my reach, but what a challenge.

        Right now my /CC will be fitted to the old 304 motor we ran at
Bonneville
last year. Its a little tired now but ran 183 MPH at Maxton, in D/GCC trim,
and carburetion, last October. Obviously looking to better that mark. If
all goes according to plan we will fit a new 258 cid engine in the "E"
class for Speed Week ’99. Plan to break our old record and set a new one in
the fuel class as well. Gives Tom Bryant a respite too.

        Looking forward to June 5 & 6 and tuning this puppy with the old lap
top.
It’s like changing the jets in two seconds.

        John Beckett