Re: Center of Pressure and Gravity

To: Vaughn Rockney <vintagegarage@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Center of Pressure and Gravity
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 07:22:09 -0700
Vaughn,

I had a long discussion about ballast & spins with Tom Burkland whose
knowledge and performance I respect. He ran almost 300 MPH in the Datsun
"210" Comp Coupe several years ago.

The ballast in the rear works because the loss of traction at the rear
wheels is the perpetrator of spins. Enough weight to maintain traction
will work, but, if traction is lost you are in more trouble than before.

Tom used the arrow example, more weight in front or more feathers on the
rear. We have done both.
 Tom