Re: Shop safety/Healey stuff

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net, V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shop safety/Healey stuff
From: "B. Whiting" <110420.3466@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:59:10 -0400

Message text written by "Keith Turk"

"Funny as hell now.... but at the time I thought that hair was
important....
"

When I left Hollywierd Sports Cars back in the 70's I turned over my job to
my then brother-in-law. He had log hair and was proud of it, since dad was
ex-military officer and current airline pilot. Anyway, Mikey was helping
another mechanic find a vibration/noise on a Jensen Interceptor on the
rack. Mike was walking around under the car while the other mechanic was
running it up in gear. All of a sudden Mike's head was yanked into the
driveshaft with a sudden loss of hair! It seems that the driveshaft wind
had picked up some of his hair and wrapped it around the shaft! He ended up
with a knot on his head in one place and a bald patch about the size of a
quarter in another. Got a haircut that night when he got home from work.
Ouch!!!!

Bruce A. Whiting