Re: Car & Engine weight

To: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: Car & Engine weight
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:56:27 -0700
I agree with your race car analogy. But, have to part company on rods. I
have been able to break any rod I have ever run. We run Carrillos and
Oliver Rods. The last motor we broke was equipped with Carrillos. Spun a
bearing, broke a rod and destroyed about everything else. Stock rods are
more apt to break, but don't make near the mess. I know several that run
aluminum rods with good success, personally, I have had bad luck with
them. I guess you should run what you trust.

Tom