Re: Tire Dia Qs

To: "Lawrence E. Mayfield" <mayfield@traveller.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Dia Qs
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:10:50 -0400 (EDT)
Check out
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/index.html
Unfortunately, the taller you go, the fatter you
get.  I've got some 245Rs, but they look like
formula one road racing rain tires on the car.
I'm starting to think that the extra cost of
racing tires is the way to go.  Check out the
racing tire section of www.goodyear.com.  Some of
the vintage Blue Streak tires are narrow.  I've
also thought about Front Runners.  (I already
have four of those), but some of the guys from
Maxton bad mouthed them a little.  I'm speaking
strictly from the research perspective.  I'd like
to hear what some of the experienced guys
recommend.
Dick J

--- "Lawrence E. Mayfield"