Re: Bonneville

To: land-speed@autox.team.net, johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us
Subject: Re: Bonneville
From: dferguso@ebmail.gdeb.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:50:40 -0400
right now the bare car and chassis are being primed as we speak, this
weekend the chassis and cage will be painted with imron, and then it will
be a full thermonuclear thrash to assemble the entire car. we basically
have engineered and built the entire car already and then tore it down to
get painted, so its like a big erector set now and it should be possible to
have it ready. right now the engine and trans are at 90%, we're just
running into alot of little problems like wrong parts shipped to us, oil
pan modifications to clear our new oil pump, fixing the rectifier plates in
my welder that just shit the bed, etc, etc. , but i'm sure either darrell
or i will be driving at 3am on I-80 through nevada on the morning of august
14th while the other is wiring the mag and tach with a flashlight inside
the car being towed on the trailer !!! - its gonna be close, our only
problem now is scrounging enough money from underneath our sofa cusions and
ashtrays for alky and nitro, plus were getting sick of eating cans of
spaghettios to pay for this project, but hey it'll all be worth it when the
car screams over the horizon at bonneville-hopefully !!!

good luck to all getting ready, i'm sure you will need it too-

doug ferguson
black radon engineering
groton, ct