Mormon Meteor "wow"

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mormon Meteor "wow"
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:13:17 -0700
Well we made it to the street rod nationals and back... and the side trip
to see the Mormon Meteor was ahhh exciting....

The fellow opens this door and inside this Long Brick barn... is an art
museum with 5-7 very special cars... several Rolls Royce's and a Pierce
Arrow.. But mostly sitting under the soft lights is this Pale Yellow Work
of Art.... with Huge Letters in chrome on the Bonnet spelling the name
DUESENBURG... This was the first of two Mormon Meteors built especially for
Ab Jenkins by Duesenburg to set records with at Bonneville... the car ran
135mph for 24 hours with one hour at over 157mph... in 1935 it ran again in
36 with another engine.. titled the Mormon meteor two... Marv Jenkins ....
Ab's son owns the second car....

So anyway... Knox Kershaw... says... hey want to take a ride in it?.... as
I sat there drooling on the offset seat.... he put it in first and took off
down the tree lined drive out to the hwy.... once through the gates he
absolutely nailed this thing and you could hear that supercharger come to
life.. 90mph went away quickly and we were turning for Home.... then he
asks Brad if he would care for the same Ride....

What a treat.... Un real experience.... and the Man truly does Drive all
his cars... neat day!!!!
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )