Re: 16 Volt?

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@idt.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 16 Volt?
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:13:21 -0400
    Ed

    I have run at Bonneville both with and without an alternator. I'm
assuming that you don't want to run the alternator for drag reasons. My
experience is that on at least a V8 it doesen't hurt at all. And on a
positive note probably helps more than it hurts. As an example the ignition
really comes alive when you have an extra two volts to work with.
    And don't even bother trying to run electronic fuel injection without
the alternator, 12 volts just won't cut it.
    Don't think you need 16 volts, 14 volts should do fine, and your
batteries will probably last longer too.

    John Beckett