RE: Motor options

To: "'Beth Butters'" <bbutters@dmi.net>
Subject: RE: Motor options
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:20:42 -0700
Thanks for the feedback on the website! I have noticed that very few people
look past the home page to view our links to other websites though.

        In reference to your comments, we are planning on putting a guard
over the belt, but moreso to protect the fiberglass hood. Since we are
running braided stainless aircraft lines throughout the entire car, a shield
is not necessary to protect the fuel lines in case of supercharger belt
failure. While Ron Pruett encountered problems with the Super-speedway
tires, everyone forgets that Mike Cook went 290 in his T-bird with those
very same treads, with a motor combination similar to ours, except he was
burning pure Methanol. Pruett also has his engine set back right to the 25%
limit for the altered class, and as a result will encounter different
handling problems than we will with only 9% setback. We can ballast our
firebird to about 4600 lbs., and bias the distribution throughout the car to
tune the chassis.  Also, regarding the aerodynamic wall- I am not familiar
with Dave Parks 69 Camaro. I will state that Lee Van Prothero ran almost 220
with a gas burning injected big block, about 20 years ago. With close to
2000 hp on tap, I will hang myself  from the rafters of my garage if I can't
exceed the 225 mph "wall"-NO JOKE! Thanks for the input. See you on the
salt.

        Darrell Ferguson
        BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
        # 939 BBFALT