Re: Request for 2000 rule changes

To: GMC6POWER@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Request for 2000 rule changes
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 16:02:46 EST
    Good response. I thank the Rules Committee for taking the time to
consider the change and you for relaying it to us.
    BTW, the Cramer-Taylor XXF/FMR mark (201+) is the oldest record in the
"Car" book. It was set in 1969 when, I believe, the XX class consisted of XF
& XO engines of over 325ci, supercharged XF & XO engines of less than 325ci,
and OHV converted Flatheads and 12-port Inliners of less than 325ci
displacement. It may also have been in the era when all pre-1954 engines were
"lumped" into the "X" class. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    The Cramer-Taylor XXF/FMR record was broken a few years by Don Ferguson
in a 12-port GMC, then restored when the XX class was divided into XXF and
XXO.
    By some strange coincidence that record is the one I'm after at the
present time.
                                                Ardun Doug King