RE: BBFALT

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BBFALT
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:27:26 -0800
Quite Honestly Keith, I believe AABFS is the real way to live, anything less
than that is a compromise. I don't drink Dom Perignon, I don't wear Gianni
Versace, I don't live in the palace estates. I will not however eat day old
bread with mold growing on the corners, and wear jeans with holes in the
knees, and shoes with worn out soles. Life is a compromise as to what you
would like, versus what you can afford. For me, if the name of the game is
to go as fast as possible for X amount of dollars, why build a $10,000 Pinto
engine when a $10,000 Big Block will generate 3 times the power? That's my
game, but I often forget that for many others, that's not the name of their
game. For you, it's to go as fast as possible (and hopefully break the
record) with a class D motor. For others it's a flathead, or a Pinto motor,
and therefore I have difficulty understanding their game. I respect the fact
that some guys are trying to prove a point with a Pinto motor, would I try
to prove that point, no way! For me it doesn't make sense, and along those
lines, many would reply to me- why not a AABFS then? Cause for what I can
afford, and what I had to work with, BBFALT is where I'm at. So I guess my
point to prove has now become how fast can I push a 1968 Firebird? Past the
225 mph "Wall", I hope so. After meeting you earlier this year at
Bonneville, I said there's a guy who's almost as crazy as me, he must love
driving fast! As a result, when you started talking about blown or turbo'ed
motors, my brother and I both said- Keith- get the most bang for your buck-
build a Rat, cheap, reliable, easy HP! That's our opinion and suggestion to
you, having come down the path already, but you have your own path to
follow, and you're looking for suggestions. It's funny this topic comes up
at this point. Doug and I were discussing our plans for next year, and my
possible involvement with a front engined dragster to run in Nostalgia
Eliminator or A Fuel Dragster. We came to the conclusion for Bonneville that
the next engine we build will be AA/BF and the next vehicle we build will be
a Streamliner !

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT