Dick & Bob Pierson

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Dick & Bob Pierson
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:43:53 -0700
List,
It's not too hard to get the Pierson brothers to talk about any of their
cars but the story on the coupe is one that hasn't been exposed enough.
I'm not that certain of the details and need to get the accurate story from
them but ... the coupe was notable for breaking a long standing bias against
coupes on the dry lakes.  The attitude was that only roadsters were hot
rods.  There was apparently a conflict between the Rosetta Timing
Association and the others.  The Pierson's Coupe was the foot in the door so
to speak to break that bias.  We need to corner Dick and Bob and get that
story down in print because it deserves to be told.
It's funny how some people just can't accept or feel threatened by something
new or different and often the thing that breaks a barrier becomes the
rallying cry for an entire movement.
Oh yes ... the latest report is that the pumps are going great on getting
brine onto the salt flats now the weather has cooled off ...Save the Salt!
Having said that ... I'll get down off the soap-box and just say I hope you
all have a happy "traditional" Thanksgiving.
Wes in snowy Salt Lake City