Re: type of cars

To: <Nsmcafee@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: type of cars
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:15:03 -0500
Larry

If you want to race LSR in the /GCC category and have lots and lots of fun
build the '53 Stude. On the other hand if you want to set some records find
a '48 Crosley and go really, really fast. It's a question of goals.

As for engines I've done several based on a 283" Chevy but your giving up 30
to 40 HP over a 302" engine. Electronic Fuel Injection is the way to go for
me. Add a 4-speed and a Quickchange and you can run any of the four LSR
courses.

Lots of other things to consider later, like tires etc., but you can work on
those things after you decide on the basic car.

John B. from Asheville