Merry Christmas, Happy New "Millenium" ....and a "book" reminder

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Merry Christmas, Happy New "Millenium" ....and a "book" reminder
From: "joe boogie" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:05:07 PST
    I wish a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my friends
here on the "list"  -both "old" that I've already met, and those I've yet to
meet in person!  May you and yours have a warm, peaceful, and wonderful
holiday season with friends and family.

    Cheers, -Doug Anderson in "New Yawk"    1:30 pm edt, 12/23/99

    For those of you interested in "Hawt Rodz" made out of rusty ol' pre-war
'murrican auto parts,  I just thought I'd remind you that the brand new Hop
Up 2000 Annual has been printed, and is available for immediate shipment!
Even though I wrote a piece for it, and risking that this start sounding
like an ad -which it decidedly is'nt...I'll stick my neck out and say that I
think it's one of the finest pieces of work dedicated to traditional early
style hot rodding that's been done in a long long time.  Contained within
are a plethora of articles from writers from all over America, highlighting
their particular areas....plus other feature article -and even a poem or
two!  I'm proud to have my name in it as a contributor.   After all, the
late, great Dean Batchelor was once an editor of Hop Up the first time
around.
     It is hoped that it will be possible to print an annual each year from
now on -if the reception is good for this first one.   The idea being to
make something extra special instead of making something as commonplace as a
monthly.   There's already more of those each month than  our hobby/passion
can probably support;  -just in the past year two well known titles folded
(Rod Action and Rodders Digest) That is decidedly not the plan for Hop Up.
      Anyway,  if your interest leans toward "rusty ol' Hawt Rod parts an'
such, I know you'll really like the new Hop Up Annual! Heres how to get one:
         send a check or money order to;   Hop Up Annual
                                           P.O. Box 790
                                         Riverside, Ca. 92502

  ....jus' for the heck'of it tell Mark that Doug Anderson sent ya!

   Ok, Thats it....jus' thought I"d  mention it again in case you had'nt
heard about it somewhere else.    Fair nuff ?

               ....again, Merry Christmas to you all!