Re: Motorccycle Safty Wire

To: "Gene Brauninger" <genesds@ic.net>,
Subject: Re: Motorccycle Safty Wire
From: "Dale & Evelyn Thomas" <bikerschoice@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:56:04 -0500
Gene,
  This is for stock motorcycles as well. Which is why I believe most people
overlook it. You must also safety wire the pinch bolts if you have them.
Only way around it is to have some positive retention devices such as cap
nuts, cotter keys, stage 8 fasteners or such.  A dab of Silicon, locktite,
lockwashers, or aircraft nuts do not cut it.
     Dale"chief" Thomas