Re: Motorcycle Safety

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Motorcycle Safety
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 08:48:24 -0700
Ardun Bill, I am assuming that you are dating your Kaw a little?  Most of
the newer bikes have axle ends and nuts that do not protrude outside the
end of the swingarm, and the swingarm ends "retain" these "axle ends" by
pinch bolts.  Even the front ends of most newer bikes do not have the axle
protruding outside of the fork legs (read excess weight).  So the newer
bikes have cut weight, and have the added security of counter sunk axle
nuts, coupled with pinch bolts, and after  meeting tech have safety wire
retaining the pinch bolts.
    Joe :)