Re: Cathodic (?) Corrosion of Aluminum Heads on Iron Blocks

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Cathodic (?) Corrosion of Aluminum Heads on Iron Blocks
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 12:47:11 -0800
Ardunbill,
I know what you are referring to. We have a Clayton 400HP Dyno, it uses
these plugs in the absorption units, which are aluminum housings and
iron internal parts. The plugs are designed so that when the magnesium
is used up the plug leaks and the unit will not load. (Insurance that
they get changed.) I have seen products advertised for cooling system
applications, but I don't remember where. We use coolant in our car to
help overcome this problem. There is also an additive for this purpose
when using aluminum components.

Tom, Redding 12:50PM PST