Cathodic Corrosion

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Cathodic Corrosion
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 20:36:31 -0500 (EST)
List.  Thanks to several contributors to this discussion.  Bill Mackey
pointed out this is an old story with car engines converted for marine
service, and told me marine parts suppliers sell zinc rod plugs which
work for this.  I stopped by Norfolk Marine today and a parts man said
sure, how many you want, pulled out boxes of tapered pipe plugs with
zinc rods in them, all sizes from 1/8 pipe on up, around $2.50 each.
Looks like an easy and cheap solution.  ArdunBill in Chesapeake, VA