Re: FIA Records,

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: FIA Records,
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 16:00:41 -0700
Malcom, Richard Brown has NOT gone faster than the Fueling motorcycle record,
with a two way average, remember a record takes 2 runs, a qualifier and a
backup run, unforturnately something the Brown entry has yet to accomplish. Not
only that, but thrust driven is a far cry from wheel driven, each with its own
challenges, one likely to net higher speeds, but without the challenge of
pushing against mother earth to overcome drag.  Does more challenging equal
more respect/credit? Would motor sports be what they are without the traction
to the ground thing (NASCAR, NHRA etc)  Lets give credit where credit is due,
Fueling ran under the same sanctioning body as Brown (AMA) and ran WITHIN their
rules.  Are you starting to see why many respect and pursue BNI/SCTA records
and their respective rules?
I hope these "Salvos" of debate fuel the record runs to come.  Cheers  Joe :)
:)