Re: Fire Supression

To: "Ferguson
Subject: Re: Fire Supression
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:59:26 -0700
FYI,
USFRA safety crews carry COLDFIRE in the tanks on the safety trucks.
Darrell is accurate on his description of the way it works and also it does
not blow away like halon does in a breeze.  There are very few residues
involved and since it is water based it washes away easily so the engine
compartment doesn't require a full detailing to get rid of the fire
suppressant after use.
Wes