Engine Costs

To: "dahlgren" <dahlgren@uconect.net>, <Land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Costs
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 08:36:43 -0500
    Good point Dave. A lot of us build engines from existing parts we have
stored under the bench, and hundreds of hours of our own time. Which doesn't
give a accurate representation of the true costs involved. Nostalgia or high
tech, when you compare apples to apples the real costs are very much the
same.
    Certinaly all those parts stored under the bench effect our decisions to
run a particular class, but ultimatly we run there because we choose to.
    Not expecting 1,200 HP from our "E" Chevy just yet, but we built it from
used parts and a lot of TLC for under 10K. 650 to 700 HP will work just fine
this year.

John Beckett, LSR #79