front suspension

To: philip landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Subject: front suspension
From: Finishline Coatings <lona@finishlinecoatings.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:26:35 -0800
Hi Phillip:
Still haven't mastered this e-mail stuff..
Anyway, I check the computer a couple of times in the evening when I
take a break from working.
I'm building a new fuel tank and finally getting some more things on the
suspension coated and putting a 302 "junk yard" motor together.
Now that I've seen the pictures, I would like to share a couple of
things with you.  Do you have adjustments for camber & caster?  In the
picture I don't see any struts from the lower "A" frame to the
chassis...these are a must.  Remember square and rectangular tubing
messes up air flow a lot more than round tubing.. Grade 8 bolts for your
upper "A" frame mounts and pivots will be plenty strong enough and jam
nuts will hold it in place  Is your rack and pinion set up on the proper
geometry and width to eliminate bump steer?  Remember, bump steer is
affected by body roll as well as wheel travel.  The car looks really
neat, it will be a fun ride.
Now if only it had a Jimmy in it!!!!
Russ Meeks,
#902 XO  M.R.