Cheap Cars

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>,
Subject: Cheap Cars
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:08:59 -0800 (PST)
Keith,
I don't think a race car can be built any cheaper
than many that we already have classes for.  Most
of the "H", "G" and smaller productions, coupes,
sports, and sedans can be based on really cheap
production cars. If they are built to the "under
125 mph" rule, they can be on the track for under
$2000.  Granted, they aren't the thundering big
cars, but they can lead to Salt Fever just as
quickly.  I raced my Geo for less than that cash
limit.  The guy next door to me has a Mustang
mini-stocker for sale for $750, with a fairly hot
2.0 four and a full cage.  A little changing of
suspension, wheels, and tires and this thing
could be run at Maxton for less than two grand.

I thought about this all night last night, and I
think creating a new class, for Spec or for kids,
is just more headache than we (JOHN) needs.  We
might consider augmenting our 125MPH rule with a
135MPH and 150MPH club just like USFRA has, but I
think anything more than that is just creating
work.
This is just a thought though, my mind is easily
changed with a good arguement supporting the
other cases proposed.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........