Fwd: gas coupe horns

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: gas coupe horns
From: SaltyCuda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 01:59:33 EST
--part1_99.fe0a97.25d118d5_boundary

Well, here's what I know.  In an effort to differentiate between a gas coupe
car (a stocker with an engine swap that was "streetable") and an Altered
coupe in disguise, (full up race car, or pretty much), they put several
qualifiers in the rule book.  A horn, collectors, lights, engine in stock
location, radiator in stock location, etc.  It all fit together.  But I know
of one very successful firebird that jumped back and forth from one to the
other simply by removing/adding the horn.  They bumped the record up in each
class every other meet.  It got the job done.  I think they ended up with the
most points that year.

Jim in La Habra

<< In the 2000 Rule Book the horn requirement has been eliminated. In fact, it
 even says you can remove it. (page 55)