Wendover Housing

To: land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wendover Housing
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:38:23 -0700
List,
Just a reminder ... talked with some people from Wendover Hotels / Motels
today.  Some did not accept reservations until after January 1, 2000 because
of questions about their computer systems.
Now that Y2K is behind us, it would be a good idea to reserve your rooms for
this years race days if you have let it slip.
There is a list of phone numbers for hotel reservations, many toll free, you
can find at the bottom of the USFRA home page at  <www.saltflats.com>.  Just
click on "Where to stay in Wendover?"
I was quoted rates of $29.50 for Monday through Thursday nights and $59.50
on Friday and Saturday by one hotel.  Last year we had some slightly better
prices available for World of Speed racers as a group thing.  If those
offers manage to materialize again this year I will be sure to send out the
word.
Another good reason to put your e-mail address on your membership renewal or
race entry.  Forms are available for downloading on the web site.
FYI, if you intend to attend the World Finals, that weekend is the annual
Deer Hunt in Utah ... the town fills up with "Hunt Widows" rather early.
Wes Potter, USFRA Secretary