Re: Titanium-Brake clean

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Subject: Re: Titanium-Brake clean
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:18:47 -0700
Jim, List,
You know, I feel a lot like the comment Fred Larsen made when he was talking
about the body on his #115 streamliner.  He said;
 "We were sitting around the kitchen table, having a cup of coffee and
talking,  and I asked Lynn Yeakle (who I knew worked at Lockheed) if he knew
anyone up there who knew anything about aerodynamic design.  He hemmed and
hawed a bit and finally admitted that he had graduated from college with a
degree in aerodynamics.  I was sitting there in my own kitchen with a
*#!@"*&  genius and didn't even know it!"
Lynn, as many of you know, then designed the body on the #115 car ...
perhaps the most underrated piece of aerodynamic design on the salt.
These snippets of information along with the broad range of technical know
how that come out on this list are fascinating and for me, as well as I am
sure for many of you, welcome information / trivia / solid engineering to
just hear.
Thanks!
Wes
<saltrat@pro-blend.com>,<land-speed@autox.team.net>