Roll cage construction

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Roll cage construction
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 11:39:16 -0800 (PST)
OK, I'm going to start work on the cage.  Double
hoops over my head and one under the dash, all
tied together with a zillion smaller tubes, but
what SHOULD I use, as opposed to what MUST I use.
 I was going to make the three main hoops out of
1 3/4 X .120, then tie them together with smaller
1 5/8 but still .120.  Is this a good formula or
not???   The car is only about a buck and a
quarter car now, but I have some hemis that I may
use later if the car handles.  I might as well
build for 175mph. Anybody got thoughts on this.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........
.....Shelby  427 Cobra.......