Re: Tubing vs Pipe

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Tubing vs Pipe
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:39:29 +0000
Dick,

Be careful, mild steel pipe comes in different forms. The yield and
tensile strengths are not the same. What you need is ASTM 513 or 519
tubing. Why don't you call Don Hardy Race Cars , I think he's in
Tyler... it's been a long time since I was there for a repair while
racing at the Motorplex. I could send you some tubing but shipping from
Delaware is too expensive. He would sell you what you need as a steel
supplier usually only sells whole lengths.

Happy hunting
joe