Re: "T"-tops anyone?

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: "T"-tops anyone?
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:20:45 -0700
Dan,
FWIW, the t-top is classed as a coupe by all other racing orgs that I am aware
of. The "birdcage" structure ( including the "T" bar) is even recognized as a
roll bar by Open Road Racing sanctions. I see that as a stretch, but GM did
pass (surpass) roll-over requirements with the T-top by over-engineering (if a
factory can do that) The Corvettes from 1969-1982 were either a coupe or a
roadster. The roadster was a traditional rag-top.  The roadster was discon. in
1975, brought back in 1998.
Ed