More Titanium Questions

To: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: More Titanium Questions
From: OHFASTONE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 01:34:19 EST
Earlier there was a mention about the affects of chlorinated solvents and
chlorine on titanium.  Someone said that depending on the alloy used, there
might not be a detrimental affect.  I read on a website (www.titanium.com)
that methanol has a strange affect on this metal but not necessarily one that
is harmful.  Does anyone know what alloys are used for valves, retainers, lug
studs and such?  I do know 6AL4V is the alloy used for connecting rods and
does anyone know what affect chlorinated solvents or methanol have on this
alloy?  I have a love affair with this metal and I'm trying to learn more
about it, unfortunately my browser has been out for three weeks now.

        Mike